.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Yamaha Worst Result Since 2007

Jorge Lorenzo missed his 13th podium at this season MotoGP after 12 consecutive podium, started from Losail race on last April. Although Lorenzo only finished at 4th place, he still lead the MotoGP 2010 with 56 points ahead Dani Pedrosa. 

"My start was very good, but during the race I struggled a lot with Nicky always behind me, very close!" said Lorenzo. "We can't be happy with the result and I am disappointed to finish my podium run, but the most important thing is that we did finish and we still took points for our championship."

Team manager Wilco Zeelenberg said that Lorenzo couldn't afford to take the same risks as Hayden.

"We're at a point in the championship when we can't afford to take risks but there are other riders who have nothing to lose, and this was the story today," he said.

Bad result also came from 2009 MotoGP champion, Valentino Rossi that only finished at 6th place. "This was a very difficult race for us; we had a lot of problems all weekend and I was very slow today," said Rossi. "I had to try to arrive to the end but I couldn't do better than sixth.

This is the first time since 2007 Valencia's race for Yamaha to not placed their rider at podium. 
"We have five more races to go and, although this is a complicated moment for us and we have some things to address, I am confident that we can improve again. Now we go to Motegi and I am looking forward to a good result at the home of Yamaha."

"All the Yamahas have suffered here but my shoulder problems made it even worse for me and this, combined with the problems with our package at this track, made it extra hard. We're very sad this afternoon and we hope for better in Japan."

"We ran into troubles from the start here and unfortunately we couldn't find a way to put a competitive package together," added Rossi's crew chief jerry Burgess, who looks set to join the Italian at Ducati next year.

"Valentino's shoulder is causing him problems too and this, together with the set-up issues, meant we couldn't finish any higher up the order today. We're disappointed but we have some ideas and we hope for a better weekend in Japan."
 
Coompax-digital magazine