.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Colin Edwards Signed 1 Year With Yamaha Tech 3 For 2011

Colin Edwards signed a one-year contact with Monster Yamaha Tech 3 for 2011 season. This official statement from Edwards also brake the speculation rumors for his future.

“I’ve finally come to an agreement with HervĂ© and Yamaha. I’m happy to stay and it’s been a long relationship with Yamaha, I think 1986 was my first contract with them back in my motocross days! I want to say a big thanks to HervĂ© because along with Yamaha he made it happen,” said Edwards.

“I don’t know if next year will be my last one, I’m just looking forward to pushing as we normally do and riding hard. If Yamaha need something I’m always there, the other three Yamaha guys are going to be young. I’m just looking to fight and have fun.”

Poncharal was just as pleased to be able to confirm the 2011 line-up for his team and said: “I’m happy that even though we have a few races to go for this season we have decided that we will have Cal Crutchlow and Colin Edwards in 2011. Colin, Tech 3, Yamaha and myself all agreed that we will have another year together. Colin has been really good to Yamaha and to Tech 3 and has given us lots of great moments with some really good results.”

“This is a good line-up and for sure Cal will be looking forward to hearing Colin’s advice and hopefully he can help him like he helped James Toseland and, this year, Ben Spies. This year the atmosphere between Colin and Ben has been excellent.”

Commenting on the aim for 2011 Poncharal concluded: “I think Colin wants to do one more season in MotoGP and he’s shown that even though he’s not in a position to win races he’s fast enough to be a strong MotoGP rider and brings a lot of information to the team and the factory. He’s helping us to strengthen and I think he’ll be like an advisor for Cal.”

Commenting on his link-up with 24 year-old British rider Crutchlow, who will arrive from WSBK, Edwards added: “I think it will be interesting. I don’t know Cal well but he’s young, he’s hungry and he’s ready so I’ll be here to help out if I can. I’m still looking for that first win so I’m still hungry too!”
 
Coompax-digital magazine